Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network proximity warning

From: "Badhrinath S" <sbadhrinath () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 07:24:20 +0530

Hello,

There should be a security warning and the notices displayed along
with a link indicating the security policies when a user tries to
log-in and after login. without these warnings displayed in the
console, intruder can successfully argue that he/she was not made
aware of the policies and that it was not known to be a company
property...

This can be the first step.

Content of such a warning... you can visit the security policies page
of any telecom company [like juniper, cisco, att, sbc .....]

-- Hope that helps.