Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Interview Questions

From: "Camiel, Jeffrey" <Jeffrey_Camiel () jeffersonwells com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:57:38 -0500

Agreed!

Some thoughts.

Normally for a position you will go through a number of interviews which
fall into three types.

1. Technical
2. Operational
3. Culture fit

On the technical, I have found the best way to really determine if
someone knows there stuff is through real world problem solving. (i.e.
something doesn't work, walk me through fix it). The interesting thing
is the individual may not know the technology which is okay.  What I am
looking for is the thought process and the experience brought to
answering the question.

Jeffrey Camiel
Director, Technology Risk Management
Jefferson Wells International