Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Secure USB drive

From: "Martinez Sanchez, Juan Didier" <didiermarsan () banamex com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:33:05 -0500

Have you tried encrypting the file using i.e. AES 256 (or
whichever-you-love) with a long passphrase and then using this hi-tech
usb drives? (you might sleep better)

You should also look for physical security to ensure the information is
handed and properly delivered only to the right guys (and this means...
Protect your media using secure delivery services like UPS premium
service, or some employee you really trust, use some protection to avoid
physical damage to the unit if it gets compromised, for example against
rain/fire/hits... You know... Common circumstances)

In fact... Can't you send it electronically?
C-ya!