Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: application for an employment

From: "John E. Fleming" <John () parcassets com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:42:04 -0400

I like this idea of thinking. So if a bank leaves the vault open does
that make it legal for me to load up as much cash as I can even though
it may have been left open unintentionally? Or could it be that the door
has not been left open intentionally therefore making it illegal and the
proper authorities should be notified to fix the issue.

I came late into this conversation so my analogy might be off.

Regards,

John

P.S. If I have a port open on my network that I do not know about and
someone scans it. Be aware it will be logged and I will prosecute anyone
and their grandmother if they enter unauthorized.