Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password Management

From: cv arun <cv.arun () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:16:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Microsoft recently released a link to help you choose
"good passwords"

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/privacy/password_checker.mspx

Regs
Arun
Paladion Networks

--- Christopher Carpenter <ccarpenter () dswa net> wrote:

That's patently false.  The longer the password, the
better it will hold
up against brute force attacks.  Length and
complexity also provide a
measure of protection against those using rainbow
tables.

Rainbow Tables (Wikipedia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_table

Password Recovery Speeds (Lockdown.co.uk)

http://www.thecrypt.co.uk/lockdown/recovery_speeds.html

Chris