Security Basics mailing list archives

Annoyed with M$

From: barcajax () gmail com
Date: 13 Apr 2006 14:53:36 -0000

I always remove unnecessary programs that I don't use from the "Add/Remove Windows component" section within Windows.
Outlook Express is one such program that I never ever use and it was unchecked and subsequently removed with each fresh
install of my OS.
I accidentally clicked on an "Email me" link on my friend's website the other day and was annoyed to discover that
Outlook Express was triggered even though it was supposedly "uninstalled".
Is anyway aware of this issue?
What can be done to entirely remove Outlook Express?
How does one secure their PC when uninstalling unwanted programs don't complete the job?
Are there any other phantom M$ programs that I should be aware of?