Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Syncing iptables rules between two servers

From: Stephen Barron <thurgoodj187 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:36:41 -0500

Thomas Howard Uphill wrote:
Lars Solberg wrote:
Hi

Is there anyone that know about how I can "sync" iptables rules on two
different servers? The plan is to have (on one of the servers) a
script that automaticly block ip adresses with iptables depending on
different conditions. When that ip adress is blocked I want it to
automaticly be blocked on another server to.

iptables-save on one machine followed by iptables-restore on the other?
You could sed the ouput of iptables-save to change anything specific to the first machine...

--T.

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected. Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

We use rsync along with authorized keys for similar tasks, restarting application after syncing.

It is pretty straight forward, as long as you want everything to be identical.
Steve