Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: (ISC)2 Code of Ethics Query

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:07:27 +1000

Hi

Have you read the ISC2 Ethics page?
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=12

cheers
Ivan

On 4/4/06, Isaac Prince Jeffrey <jeffrey.mech () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Brothers-at-arms,
               I am preparing fo rthe CISSP exam and I just need to
know the view of ethics
that ISC proposes. Like what is ethically neutral,wrong or right in
ISC2 point of view. I am puzzled on this one. Do u have any resources
that contain these info?

For example lets take this question:
A professor came to a college for a short stint and during his visit
discovered a lot of vulnerabilities in their network. He compiled all
the vulnerabilities and just before leaving he gives it to one of his
colleagues for correcting it.

Answers provided:
1. Ethically wrong as he shud hav intimated at the time of discovery
of vulnerability itself
2. Ethically right as he handed it over without causing any harm
3. Ethically neutral as he compiled all vulnerabilities and intimated
befor leaving.

I need to know if any material on the net is available for
understanding this (ISC)2 version of computer ethics.

Kindly stick to (ISC)2 view of computer ethics as I dont want
deviations with everyones point of view and opinion on ethics.

Thanks in advance for all friends who take their time out to reply
with coherent nformation.
--
With Warm Regards,
Isaac Prince Jeffrey.D, BE|CCNP|MCSE:Security

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus