Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VALN hopping

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:48:07 -0400

Agreed.  I would not trust logical seperation for a DMZ.

On 9/28/05, Hayes, Ian <Ian.Hayes () wynnlasvegas com> wrote:
Safeguard against traversing VLANs is getting better, but I still don't
like the idea of having mixed security VLANs on the same switch. There
are still a number of exploits that have a chance of working, such as
CAM table flooding. IMHO, good design physically separates the security
zones- you really can't rely that logical constraints are going to
always work, but then I'm a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy when it
comes to network design. I'm expecting something to fail.

Ian Hayes | Senior Systems Engineer
Wynn Las Vegas
3131 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Ph (702) 770-3252 | Cell (702) 266-6002
Ian.hayes () wynnlasvegas com