Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VALN hopping

From: nidude () yahoo com
Date: 29 Sep 2005 21:48:19 -0000

My network admins say the same thing and I laugh at them. Get the support of the CIO/CTO and make them grovel! They
tend to have blind faith in the Cisco gods even when presented with facts suggesting they shouldn't.

I'd say that it's not relavent wether there are no hacks today. 1: History shows that there are flaws and that they
will be found 2: Software controls are prone to failure and modification which ultimately lead to unintended
configurations.

If you intend to manage/configure the firewalls AND the DMZ switches then consider it (knowing the risks) but once
someone else manages part the equation all bets are off.