Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restricting logins by IP address

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:05:35 +0200 (IST)

On 10/19/05, Keenan Smith <kc_smith () clark net> wrote:
Similar to the way root can be restricted to logging in only at the
console, is it possible to restrict logins by regular users to specific
IP addresses?

What I've got is a directory "ABC" and a user "Larry".  I setup Larry to
have ABC as his home directory.  What I want to do is restrict Larry's
login to a specific IP address so if he attempts a login from computer
"123" it will succeed but if he tries from computer 456, it will fail.