Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Change MTU settings on Solaris 5.9

From: Cory Stoker <cory () clearnetsec com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:02:48 -0600

I think this is what you need but I did not verify it on my Solaris box beforehand:

disable PMTUD:
# ndd -set /dev/ip ip_path_mtu_discovery 0

set maximum MSS to 1460:
# ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_mss_max 1460

You can enumerate the options to change by using ndd as well.

$ man ndd

---
Cory Stoker
ClearNet Security