Security Basics mailing list archives

Change MTU settings on Solaris 5.9

From: hpalmer () comsquared com
Date: 12 Oct 2005 16:28:53 -0000

Recently a customer of ours has been having an issue w/ remote login from mulitiple customers on there network.  Our
company installed, configured and setup A Sun Fire V250. The issue, there NetAdmin states, "Our customers are not able
to login to your /our Sun Box because the MTU is at the default setting of 1500 and needs to be 1480 or 1460."  This  I
(System Database Admin) believe is totally wrong.  But to prove a point I would like to check the current settings and
make changes if needed.
I read some where before that the changes could be made in /etc/networks/interfaces, but not able to locate that
directory...

any suggestions?

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda.