Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: TCP ports for remote desktop printing?

From: Murad Talukdar <talukdar_m () subway com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:11:15 +1000

I think this is what you want
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312135&sd=tech

Regards
Murad Talukdar

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tesch [mailto:dan.tesch () comcast net]
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 1:53 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: TCP ports for remote desktop printing?

I have a bunch of users connecting to a corporate LAN using
Remote Desktop to their XPPro workstations.  I have only
opened up port 3389 for them but now I have users that want
to print to their local printers from running programs on their
desktop in the office - this doesn't seem to be working and I
suspect that I need to open another port - does anyone know what
port number will allow this?  I don't have to open all of the MS
file sharing ports do I?

Thanks