Security Basics mailing list archives

Require network security research questions

From: misa () hotmail co uk
Date: 8 Oct 2005 18:58:30 -0000

4th Year Honour Student here. Starting my honours project already having done research yet still unable to produce a
Research Question, title or direction to take.

My interests lie in the general area of network security along with Attack methods/preventions/resolutions, IDS vs IPS
and white hat hacking/ethical hacking. I'd like to do a project thats going to involve mostly research. Any development
work should be limited to data collection for analysis rather than the design of a piece of software.

If anyone knows of research questions/projects that may be appropriate or has suggestions please reply. Lack of a
focused path is making it difficult for me to make any progress. I feel I'd be able to make a strong attempt at a
network security project that is solely research based rather than design.

Thank You

Asim