Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: TCP ports for remote desktop printing?

From: Steven Kalcevich <lists () ciscokid net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:28:37 -0400

Hey,

to to start, accessories, communication, remote desktop
Under remote desktop Local resources for client is printers checked? I donno maybes theres a policy option in your server for users as well to look at prohibiting this use. cya!

Regards

steve kalcevich

Dan Tesch wrote:

I have a bunch of users connecting to a corporate LAN using
Remote Desktop to their XPPro workstations.  I have only
opened up port 3389 for them but now I have users that want
to print to their local printers from running programs on their
desktop in the office - this doesn't seem to be working and I
suspect that I need to open another port - does anyone know what
port number will allow this?  I don't have to open all of the MS
file sharing ports do I?

Thanks