Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus on intranet network

From: "Lauren Ward" <LWard () mcw com au>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:26:06 +1000

Hi Steven,

We use eTrust from CA and you can certainly do this.  On one of your internet connected machines you can set it for
auto download and to then re-distribute to the other connected machines (saves on internet bandwidth).  The files are
stored on the first machine as self-extracting archives, simply copy them to a USB stick and move them into a similar
config on your 'offline' machines (i.e. Distribution server with configured auto downloads on the other machines).  The
only thing you have to remember is to do the physical transfer.

If you have laptops travelling between the two networks on a regular basis you could set up a distribution tree so the
laptop/s connects to the first distribution server and then when it/they connect to the 'offline' network it/they then
distribrutes the signatures to the machines on this network.

HTH,

Lauren Ward