Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OS to know.

From: "Andrew Chong" <andrewjw () singnet com sg>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:55:58 +0800

I would suggest that you learn and understand the fundamental concepts
of security first.
If you are not a technical person, understanding the IT Security from a
broad perspective is the best approach. Areas which are hot in the
government and private sector are "IT Governance" (Sarbanes Oxley) and
Information Risk Assessment (IRM).
These two fields deals with technical controls, management controls,
enforcement of corporate policies etc..
As usual, I will recommend a must have security book for all IT Security
Professional.

Information Security Management Handbook, Fifth Edition.
http://www.sweetfantasy.biz/prod_details.aspx?AsinSearch=0849319978&type
=heavy&f=xml

Regards,
Andrew Chong, cissp