Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encrypted file

From: "J B" <kybrdcowboy () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:16:19 +0000

Hi Rajiv,

Need a bit more info from you regarding this file. Can you right click on it and let us know what the properties say. Btw, can you also let me know what version of ppt you are using and what version was used to create the doc, did you have any special add ons in place?

Let me know.

Thanks

Hello folks,
        I received 1 very sensitive file with extension ".ppt". Whenever I
am opening this file in OpenOffice or MS Power Point its showing totally
cypher character like ####.#####,%5%^&###DFG%CB&*^&########.
        How can i decrypt this file and how to know the actual content of
this file, Is any share or freeware tool help me. This is very important
to extract the content of this file. But How Can Any Idea ????

Regds......
Rajiv Ranjan
NCST(now C-DAC)
68-Electronic City
Bangalore,560100
9886085012
080-28523300
www.ncb.ernet.in/nag

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.