Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted file

From: Leif Ericksen <leife () dls net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:44:04 -0500

If this file is all that sensitive why not talk to the person that sent
it to you and find out how to open the file.  It should have been
encrypted if it is so sensitive and that could have been done in one of
several ways.  IF you are not in contact wit the originator of this
document than is the data stolen?  If so it is good to hear that you can
not open the file.  Also it seems that this data is going to India,  did
this file traverse around the world or did it come from another source
in India? unlikely but possible the file was corrupted just enough in
transit that that you will not be able to open it at all, again this
means a trip back to the person that sent you the original file.