Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: help , scripting for security

From: "Smith, Ryan" <Ryan.Smith () MWAA com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:53:06 -0400

Hi Amol,

This is a very broad question that in reality is going to start a huge
debate.  Now personally I use perl for all of my scripting needs.  It's
easy to use, and has a very large user community to find help and ask
questions. Perl can, in numerous cases can replace shell scripting, and
can be supported on multiple platforms.  All in all the language of
choice that is best for you will be one that you are most comfortable
with.  Any one of your choices that you listed can be used for "network
security purposes".

My $.02

Ryan Smith