Security Basics mailing list archives

Wireless

From: "Jason Albuquerque" <JAlbuquerque () northkingstown org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:49:33 -0400

We are a 58 sq mile municipality looking to implement a Wireless MAN
(Metro Area Network).  This Wireless MAN, in its inception will handle
our Public Safety Mobile Units and some scattered wireless IP security
cameras.  Eventually we would like to use this Infrastructure to take
the place of some of our Point to Point T1 connections. This system will
be integrated with our WAN, so obviously security is a HUGE concern.

I was wondering if I could get any suggestions on companies, equipment,
authentication methods, encryption, best practices, etc. Any info that
could be provided would help.....

Thanks so Much

Jason Albuquerque

GIS Manager

Department of Information Systems

80 Boston Neck Road

Town of North Kingstown, RI 02852

Tel. (401) 268-1516

Fax (401) 295-2594

www.northkingstown.org

 "There are 10 kinds of people in this world. The ones who understand
binary and the ones who don't."