Security Basics mailing list archives

login w2k server by time

From: nospam <nospam () dranem org>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:39:36 -0400

Is there a way to limit when any user/groups may login to a server based upon time? and wait until a manager comes to each station to authorize network access to that Server [Win2000]
[workgroup setting] no domain setup   [winXP clients] [1 win98 print server]

I have a friend who wants to limit when a server is accessed to daytime hours only also they want it to be limited to a manager who will provide a password when they are allowed to use the server.

Further more they need to use said locked down server during business hours for 15 users/PCs for regular business to access a dental database from a shared folder from the windows 2000 server

If this still makes sense how can I help them limit access
1) over night
2) using a master password

suggestions;
good points / bad point / gotchas / etc