Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: GIAC Dilution

From: Vladamir <wireless.insecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:41:18 -0500

CISSP is a very broad certification, basically it says you know a little about a lot. I don't think the GIAC and Sec+ will ever be 'on the same level' but close.

Aman Raheja wrote:
Where does it say about them dropping price for the exam. Until now they have not put it on the website (or I didn't find it) that the non practical certification is at any lower cost. It doesn't probably make it worthless but indeed, I agree, just another test. I am wondering even though GIAC had this practical exam, CISSP was still more wanted in the market. Any reason? GIAC will probably becaome equivalent to the Security+. I am not sure how they match up on content or level of knowledge required. Someone how's done both can probably confirm or refute my sayinf so.
Thanks
Aman Raheja

http://www.techquotes.com

Vladamir wrote:

The GIAC is going to drop pricing AND the practical portion, which makes it almost worthless. It'll be "just another test"

-Vlad