Security Basics mailing list archives

Career and Education Choice (another)

From: Jeroen van der Rijst <jeroen.van.der.rijst () gmail com>
Date: 11 Mar 2005 20:19:15 -0000

Hello,

I know there's another thread but i prefer my own one :)

I want to get some skills in network/computer security/encryption and I want your advice which education I need.

I'm 16 years old, I know a bit of C and I'm learning to program in assemble (linux i486) I will finish ( the dutch
version of )highschool in one or two years..

Which ( Northern-American) university would be the best choice for me? Which education on that university?

And last but not least, what basic skills do I need to start a career in computerscience?

I do not want a highly paid job for security companies, I want a scientific job when I finished my education.

Yours sincely,

Jeroen van der Rijst

(hope my English is not that bad, I'm working hard on it)