Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: radius server implimentation

From: Nick Owen <nowen () wikidsystems com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:10:07 -0400

If you have win2k3, you probably have MS Internet Authentication Server
(IAS), which includes a radius server, which should do what you want.  I
believe it checks AD membership.

ken zo wrote:
I'm looking into implementing a radius server that will do
authentications for a Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator. I will also use that
to configure all the Cisco Aironet 1200 access points to authenticate
any wifi users.  If possible, I would like to also be able to
authenticate the users to a win2k3 active directory.  NOT sure if this
last part is possible.
I'm wondering if any of you have done this and if you could give me some
guidance.

Thank you.

--

Nick Owen