Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote Desktop vs VPN on Windows 2003

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:46:58 -0500

Besides mail bombing me...which isn't really hacking...it's just
annoying...tell me exactly what you plan to hack on me next?

I didn't invite the world to hack me...just to find a port.  99.9% of
the interested parties didn't find the port.  But contest is over,
winner announced.

I don't have to invite the world to hack me...they visit Cox's network
billions a times a day.

You've found that...ohh...I'm running a mail server.  Oh, that's so
different from a regular business environment, how?  How could I have
been so foolish.

Paris, do you somehow believe that because you didn't go on a security
list and invite people to port scan your business that they aren't
visiting you every day? I got more eyes to visit maybe, but who knows. I
don't know your normal traffic scans.

Paris, from here on out, let's you and leave the list out of it.  I'll
be glad to correspond to you off list for as long as you like.

Roger