Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hack PGP

From: Keith Morgan <keith.morgan () terradon com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:39:57 -0500

I thought that (as of v7.0 or so) PGP had key recovery capabilities.
Have you talked to PGP support?  I seem to remember quite a flame-war
over it back in the day.

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 22:30 +0100, Daniel Persson wrote:
Well I pretty much knew it was impossible but I had to ask. Well my
key lenght was 4196 bits so it's quite strong and well when I say wipe
I mean using a tool that writes zeroes and random data over the disk
atleast 3-4 passes. So the key and all chanses of opening the files
are pretty much history. I was just curious if there was anyone that
had made a try to break it and how far they had come.

--
Why yes! I am using Linux in your windows environment!
Keith T. Morgan, CISSP

** this message has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content **