Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hack PGP

From: Daniel Persson <mailto.woden () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:30:17 +0100

Well I pretty much knew it was impossible but I had to ask. Well my
key lenght was 4196 bits so it's quite strong and well when I say wipe
I mean using a tool that writes zeroes and random data over the disk
atleast 3-4 passes. So the key and all chanses of opening the files
are pretty much history. I was just curious if there was anyone that
had made a try to break it and how far they had come.

Thanks alot for the discussion.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:33:57 +0100, Andreas Putzo