Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: port listner

From: Andreas Putzo <andreas () inferno nadir org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:37:42 +0100

Hi,

On Sunday 16 January 2005 10:19, Juan B wrote:
Im need a program for windows xp that is able to
listen to a any port. I need this program to install
it on a server and then use another machine to telnet
to each port I configured on the program on the
server. I need this just to check Firewll rules i
configured before switching Firewalls.

The program you are looking for is 'netcat'.
The reason, why you are looking for it, makes no sense to me.
Can't you simply use a port scanner and look at the response?
Don't know, if 'nmap' is available for winxp. It has a lot of option,
to do nearly everything with your firewall :)

Andreas