Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Clear text password vulnerability

From: "Gautam R. Singh" <gautam.singh () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:36:54 +0530

Most webmail still use clear text. Preferably the password should be
Hashed before sending. Or one may use HTTPS to encrypt the entire
session.

This is not a vulnerability though, but side effect of  using HTTP coz
it sends everything in cleartext.

Regards
~gRs
gautam.raj @ge.com

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:16:42 -0600, Harshil Parikh