Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Clear text password vulnerability

From: <adisegna () siscocorp com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:09:43 -0500

Yeah, my email provider does it as well (Adelphia cable). I never use
the webmail for that reason.  I told their level III support all about
it a year ago. They said they would tell whoever in there division.
Never the less, nothing has changed. It surprises me that they can't
install a simple digital certificate to enable SSL. Anyway, I would bet
that the company you're referencing already knows about it and has heard
it more than once.

Information Technology Group
Security Identification Systems Corporation