Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: RBLs for SPAM Control

From: "Phil Cryer" <phil () cryer us>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:21:24 -0500

On 7/29/05, Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org> wrote:
On 29/07/05 12:41 -0400, Micheal Espinola Jr wrote:
Before you go off to pay someone $, you may want to look into the
other free RBL's that are out there.  I use these in combination:

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
dnsbl.njabl.org
dnsbl.sorbs.net
dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Included in dnsbl.sorbs.net

bl.spamcop.net
cbl.abuseat.org
Included in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Also, while it's not a RBL - if you're fighting SPAM, I've found nothing that is more effective than Postgrey
http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

Surely others on this list have experience with this?  The only issue I have with Postgrey is that I don't get any spam
anymore to test my spam filters!

"You teach best what you most need to learn." - Richard Bach