Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RBLs for SPAM Control

From: security () surefoot com
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:04:58 -0600

Hi Jeff

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 13:36, Jeff McLaughlin <JM> wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with "pay for" RBLs in controlling SPAM? WE
use spamhaus but wondering if services like MAPS Real-Time Black List
(RBL), Relay Spam Stopper (RSS) and others are worth the additional costs.

Thanks any experience you can pass on.

-jeff

In my experience, they might be marginally better maintained. In a different
life my employer back then used MAPS, with fair results.

Right now we're using free RBLs in combination with rule and bayesian spam
filtering, with excellent results so far.