Security Basics mailing list archives

A question about USB Storage.

From: Carlos Manuel de La Concha Canedo <ofeyccc1 () prodigy net mx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:07:54 -0500

Dear List Members,

I have been reading threads recently about recovering temporary data such as
swap file, temp files, et al.
If the information in the swap file and other system temporal files its so
important ¿why don´t put it in a usb device?
With a usb capacity of about 4 GB it could be a solution (and an added
complication) for the security of such files.

It´s possible to do it? In windows? In linux? In Freebsd?

I think that the sistem could include a function to erase the usb device at
logoff or shutdown, besides, could you prove that
A specific usb device was used in a specific computer?

Thanks for your attention

Ing. Carlos Manuel De La Concha Canedo
ofeyNET
Clavelinas 257-1
Colonia Nueva Santa María
02800, Azcapotzalco, Distrito Federal, México

"Cuando se siente herida, la ostra...
hace una perla."
Anónimo