Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VoIP security

From: "Champ Clark [Vistech]" <champ () bundy vistech net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:48:28 -0400

Vomit can decode calls from a Cisco phone, provided the encapsulation is
G.711. It doesn't handle other codecs, or at least it didn't a few
months ago. The answer to most these types of issues is SRTP, although
there are other initiatives going on as well.

        This is true,  as long as it's Cisco gear.   Right off hand,
I don't know any other hardware providers that support SRTP.   This
might be different now (?).   Just for example,  SRTP isn't a option if
he's using Asterisk.

--

Champ Clark III    |   Vistech Communications,Inc.   |    850-942-0388 x 101
                         http://www.vistech.net

GPG Key ID: 58A2A58F
Key fingerprint = 7734 2A1C 007D 581E BDF7  6AD5 0F1F 655F 58A2 A58F
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.