Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VoIP security

From: "Anil Saini" <ansaini567 () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:02:53 -0700

check with juniper netscreen security gateways. They do support ipsec tunneling for VoIP.
Anil

From: "Drumm, Daniel" <dgdrumm () bf umich edu>
To: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>,"Seth Art" <sethart () gmail com>, <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Subject: RE: VoIP security
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:53:39 -0400

I would suggest joining the VoIP security list and learn about what's
happening with Secure RTP and other initiatives. Cisco phones can make
use of certificates, there is IPSEC encapsulation at route edges by
providers, there is MPLS Security, a whole gamut of things going on.

Vomit can decode calls from a Cisco phone, provided the encapsulation is
G.711. It doesn't handle other codecs, or at least it didn't a few
months ago. The answer to most these types of issues is SRTP, although
there are other initiatives going on as well.