Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: block MSN Messenger

From: Bart Poort <bggp () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:30:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Bruyere, Michel wrote:

I would like to know the best way to block the MSN messenger
program. I used the policie that do not allow to run windows messenger
and it only works with the built in messenger. I would like to block ALL
versions.

I actually have few ideas, like null routing the msn servers or things
like that but I would like to know how you guys did it.

NB: if you have tips for others IM like yahoo or AIM, I'll take them too
;)

You could create user accounts which disallows users to install any kind
of software but i dont know if that's doable for you. If people can't
install it they also cant use it and it also solves your problem with
other instant messengers.

regards,

Bart Poort