Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SUS server

From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:15:11 -0400

Douglas Schlachta (Sr. Infrastructure Securty Analyst) wrote:
I may be mistaken but I really was under the impression that you had to
have user intervention to complete the installs and that is something
that I would want to avoid.

Personally for about $1000usd I would have no problem getting for a
company that tool pack.

You could use the Microsoft tool for reporting but it will give errors
some time.

I was under the impression that if the users where not local admins the installations occur behind the scenes with the exception of a reboot, which can be scheduled to occur after hours. my question had to do with those users that ARE local admins I am hearing more and more that my issue is not a problem with SUS rather with how I am applying the policies. Since I am not in an AD environment yet I exported the registry keys and import them to the other computers. For some reason the key AutoInstallTime does not merge over eventhough it is in the reg file and the syntax matches the others

--
Raoul

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en