Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: tool for generating MD5 hash of a file (MS)

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:28:05 +0200

On 2004-09-09 Omar Khawaja wrote:
I am interested in generating a MD5 hash for a file - for the
purposing of verifying its integrity at a later date. I have come
across multiple tools that claim to do this, on a Windows (XP)
platform.

md5sum from the UnxUtils.

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html