Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anyone know any good Assembly Language tutorials?

From: jnf <lists () innocence-lost net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:17:45 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I, myself, learned by knowing C and then using a combo of gcc -S and gdb
to be able to poke and prod and see how it turned out. Something else that
is really good is 'Art of Assembly', IIRC you can download it free off the
net- and there is both a windows, and linux version (Dos as well I
believe). I didn't learn through this method because I had already picked
up a bit from my other method and it starts with what the author calls
'High Level Assembly' (HLA), and I didn't want the filler, however it is a
great book.