Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Electronic signatures and watermarking?

From: Ghaith Nasrawi <libero () aucegypt edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:59:04 +0000

well, electronic signature using PKI are meant to be generated using the
private key which has to be kept secret in the safest place you can ever
find.

you have to understand that crypto keys are just sequences of 1's and
0's and there is nothing to link biologically to you.

another way to provide more security on an encrypted document is by
signing your keys with a third certificate authority whose keys are
globally available for clients to check the authenticity/integrity of
your signed docs.

g.