Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Advice on Fastest NMAP Scan

From: "Andy Cuff" <AndyCuff () securitywizardry com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:51:22 +0100

Jack,
If you are scanning networks where bandwidth is an issue you may wish to
consider the use of a packet shaping tool in addition to the nmap parameters
to restrict speed, this will prevent you DOSing yourself.  (been there, done
that, got shouted at)

   Regards
   -andy cuff
The Talisker Network Security Portal