Security Basics mailing list archives

Nodes out the Wazzu

From: "Tyler, Grayling" <ggtyler () foodlion com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:01:37 -0400

Checkpoint NG 1
I've a problem I'm sure has been seen and solved before, so rather than
attempting to re-invent the wheel I thought I'd ask the group.

I have approx 12-13 hundred IP addresses I need to define on the
firewall to use in a rule. The IP's all end in the same octet. But are
spread across multiple subnets, any one aware of a wild card I could use
in the definition (e.g. 26.*.*.32)?  I've tried using '*', '?' with no
luck.
Also, if any one has an example script that can be used to add node
definitions to checkpoint that they would like to share, that would be
gratefully accepted as well.

Thanks in advance
This electronic message may contain confidential or privileged information
and is intended for the individual or entity named above.  If you are
not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately by using the e-mail address or by telephone
(704-633-8250).