Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption on Laptops?

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:22:26 +0530

I would suggest looking into Mac/OS X.  The filesystem can be natively
encrypted and from what I understand, is extremely crack resilient.

both linux and bsd have loopback encrypted drivers with strong crypto
but since you are stuck with windows and looking for something free use Encryption for Masses ( E4M ) google aroud for
it and download it, also you can see the source code

this is a good product and it  is free

-adiutya