Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: mysql.sock

From: "Gabriel Orozco" <gabriel_orozco () mx sumida com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:56:45 -0600

the directory that must be owned by mysql is /var/lib/mysql

so please do

chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

and then do as I said. when hosts.frm is not there, then you didn't created
the mysql database.

so please do this to create the database:

su - mysql
mysql_install_db
exit

or (it's the same) su - mysql -c "mysql_install_db"

and then there should be a mysql directory in /var/lib/mysql

and then you can start mysql with /etc/rc.d/rc.mysqld start

hope this helps