Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Card config for Searching APs

From: "D'Amato Luigi" <admin () securitywireless info>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:53:12 -1200

You can find more tool on :
http://www.securitywireless.info/dl.asp

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: "marcelo" <marcelo () madah com br>
A: <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Data invio: giovedì 11 marzo 2004 0.28
Oggetto: Wireless Card config for Searching APs

Hi there!

I would like to know what is the best config for a Wireless Card for
searching APs in a building.

I´m using NetStumbler and had found my own AP, but my card was configured
with my network settings. To find other ones, do I have to set an IP or
use
DHCP? What is the windows network configuration to use?

I know that the SSID must be ANY or (NULL), right?

I have an LG W1100N Prism2 Card (Windows XP).

I haven´t tried to use it in LINUX... does Linux do the job better than
Windows XP?

Thanks.

Marcelo Pudell
System Auditor
Brasil

-
Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or
less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the
skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html