Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption question

From: "Marco Araujo" <amon87secfx () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:39:05 -0300

Hi Tony,

I think there's a mistake here. Digital signature is done by applying the sender's private key at the message hash. The private key is known only by the sender. The receiver knows that the message is not a fake one because he (she) has the sender's public key to check. He (she) applies the public key at the message hash to check. It's not possible to make a new private key from the public key.

Hope it helps.

Marco Araujo
MCSE
Recife/PE - Brasil