Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: passwords in asp pages

From: Michael Gale <michael () bluesuperman com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:18:34 -0700

Hello,

        I believe a hacker would have to compromise the box in order to see the
passwords, unless it is printed to the client via a web page or http
eviro variable.

Is the site available via http or https ? If it is http then a sniffer
will show the passwords, it should be HTTPS.

Michael.

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:00:11 -0500