Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Ethereal

From: Floyd Hartog <floyd () netdefender ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 07:10:28 -0600

Edward Smith wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone used Ethereal to capture wireless traffic, and if so, can you
point me to any resources documenting wireless Ethereal usage?
I've downloaded the 10.2 Windows distribution and the documentation, and
am planning to read, install, and experiment while I await replies.

I believe you may be looking for Kismet. If you are looking for security tools in general look at, http://www.insecure.org/tools.html There is a toy for every occasion there :) Floyd

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html